Gel nails are a real savior these days for all the busy fashionistas, not to mention for those with weak natural nails. The thing is that gel nails are pretty hard and not that easy to chip besides they last very long, and that is the detail that matters most. Of course, not everyone is that skillful as to do a gel manicure at home, more and more women these days master the art. As well as the application, the removal of gel nails is as difficult if not more. The truth is that if you are looking for the safest way how to safely remove gel nails you should consider going to the salon. Well, but we all know that visiting a salon is not always an option. That is why today we are going to discuss two main safest ways how to remove gel nails at home. After you are through with this article, you will learn not only how to remove gel nails quickly but with the least of damage to your natural nails as well.
Simple Way How To Remove Gel Nails That Are Hard
Before you start with the removal, you need to figure out whether hard or soft your gels are. In this chapter, we are going to talk about the safest way how to remove hard gel nails. What is more, you will also learn how to remove gel nails without acetone. So read on!
Source: nailsrnd via Instagram
- To begin with, you should trim your nails first. Use nail clippers to do that.
- Now it is time to take out your 80/80 grip nail file. File down the surface of your nail so that you cover all the area evenly.
It is essential that you wipe all the dust away while filing so that you do not miss the time when your natural nail shows.
- When your nail bed starts to show you should change the file to a softer one and file down all the remaining gel.
- When you are finished with gel removal, you need to buff your natural nail so that it is smooth and soft.
- It is important that you add some cuticle oil and moisturizer to protect your cuticles and nails from dehydration.
Soft Gel Nails – How To Remove Gel Nails
When it comes to soft gel nails, you need to bear it in mind that you should in no case peel or scrape the polish off otherwise you will damage your natural nail. The safest way to avoid such an outcome is to remove your gel nails with the help of acetone or gel remover, and today we will show you how to remove gel nails with acetone.
Source: stefany_nails_ via Instagram
- You need to start with buffing. The thing is that in order to make the removal process a lot easier you need to break through the top coat layer.
- Now soak a cotton ball in acetone and place it over your nail.
- Take a piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around your finger to secure the cotton ball on.
- Repeat the procedure with all the nails.
- Wait the least 15 minutes until the gel dissolves. It may take a little longer, so make sure you have enough time at hand.
- Take off the foil and observe whether the gel is crumbling. If it is not, you need to wait some more.
- Use an orange stick or cuticle pusher to remove the gel off your nails.
- When the gel is removed, but there is still some residue remaining – simply buff it off.
- Use the cuticle oil and moisturizer to hydrate your nails.
There are many ways how to remove gel nails at home however we decided to bring to your attention the two safest ones. Whether you have a soft or hard gel nails on – we will help you learn how to remove them easily and with no damage to the nail bed. With such easy tutorials, you will become a nail artist in no time!
Main photo by Stefany_nails_