These days, a fancy manicure is a must for many ladies. Of course, the wonders that modern gel manicure suggests are difficult to describe since you can enjoy your mani a lot longer and get a lot fancier with the choice of trendy patterns. When it comes to the question how to remove gel nail polish that is where the issues arise. The thing is that in case you decide to do it at home there are many mistakes to fall the victim of and to damage your nails beyond belief. Some of them are:
- Never use the nail polish remover for the removal of a gel nail polish – use a 100% acetone.
- Do not put a cotton ball soak in acetone over your nail before you file of the glossy layer.
- You can actually use foil while removing the gel nail polish but it is best to use specialized clips or silicone soakers.
- Do not use a metal pusher – use an orange stick instead.
- Do not forget to moisturize your cuticles!
Now, when you know what mistakes to avoid – it is time you start removing, and we will treat you with three easy ways to succeed with this task!
How To Remove Gel Nail Polish With Acetone and Foils
- First of all file of the top coat to break the seal.
- Soak the cotton ball into 100% acetone and place it over the nail.
- Wrap the foil around your finger tightly. You can also use nail clips instead of foil, which is a lot more practical since they are reusable.
- Let your nails soak for about 10-15 minutes.
- Use the orange stick to push off the nails polish that still sticks to your nail.
- In case there is a lot of gel nail polish stuck to your nails, reapply the acetone soaked ball for a little longer.
- Apply cuticle oil to moisturize your nails.
Simple Soaking Method Of Removing Gel Polish
- To start with – buff off the top layer of gel nail polish on your nails.
- Take a small bowl and pour some 100% acetone into it.
- Cover the bowl with foil but make a tiny hole in the center.
- Protect the skin around your nails with a lotion.
- Now, put a finger into acetone and wait for about 10 minutes.
- If the gel nail polish is peeling off, you can use an orange stick to push it further off, but if it is still stuck to your nail, you should better wait another few minutes with your finger in a bowl.
- Apply cuticle oil around your nail.
Care Polish Remover Gel
- Buff off the glossy top layer of your nails.
- Dip your finger into power gel nail polish removing gel.
- Wrap a piece of foil around your finger.
- Wait about 10-15 minutes before removing the foil.
- Use the orange stick to scrape off the gel nail polish.
- If the nail polish is still difficult to scrape off – repeat the soaking procedure.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Dip your nail into coconut oil for about a minute and rub the oil into your nails and fingers.
So, now you know three ways how to remove gel nail polish. We hope you enjoy these tutorials and will succeed in their replication with the least of time and effort involved. Do not forget to visit us for some more fresh ideas and pieces of trendy advice!
Was this article helpful?