These days many people are obsessed with proper nail care, and we can’t say that it is a bad thing. However, while you pay great attention to your nail art, there is something to be left out most of the times – you cuticle. The thing is that not everyone knows what the purpose of this thing is and how to deal with it properly. That is why we decided that a nice cuticle care guide will be useful for many. All the information required to carry out this routine is gathered here, so let’s have a closer look, shall we?
What Is A Cuticle And Why You Should To Care About It?
It happens so that many of us may underestimate the role of cuticles in our lives, in most cases we simply let the manicurist do the job and remove it. But why do they do it? The thing is that even though cuticles serve as a natural protector against infections getting to your nail when it dries out it may start ripping and tearing and that is nothing but painful and nasty-looking. Even though the cuticles are there for a reason and getting rid of them fully would be inappropriate you need to learn about the ways how to take care of it properly so that both your nails and cuticles are healthy, strong and nice looking. There are several ways to achieve the goal, and we will talk about them here today.
Source: fabyane.oliveira via Instagram
Cuticle Remover: To Cut Or Not To Cut?
If you are a devoted cuticle cutter, then this chapter will be more than useful for you to read through. The thing is that almost all the dermatologists say that cutting your cuticles is not the wisest option ever. The fact is that when you cut it instead of softening it, you will make it harden up more and that may lead to tearing in some cases. What is more, when the cuticles are cut the passage for all possible infections is wide open and getting nail infection is not the most pleasant thing in the world. That is why the best possible option would be to lightly push it back instead of cutting it. There are several methods how you can do it, the best ones are to use your own nails or an orange or plastic stick for the purpose. You should better refrain from anything metal to use to push the cuticles back.
Source: hannahroxit via Instagram
How Do Cuticle Removers Work?
So far we have figured out that your nail and cuticle should better co-exist together that is why to get rid of excess cuticle we suggest you use cuticle remover. This method is pretty basic at the core and we are going to explain everything to you in the tutorial.
Source: cutepolish via Youtube
- Start off with soaking your nails in soapy water since getting rid of dry cuticles may be pretty painful.
- Apply cuticle remover gel to the base of your nail.
- Leave it on for a few seconds.
- Take an orange stick or a plastic stick to push your cuticle back.
- Rinse off your hands.
- Remove any hangnails with the help of a hangnail remove tool.
- Apply the cuticle oil to moisturize your cuticle. In case you do not have any of jojoba cuticle oil, which is the one to deal with the task, you can easily use some Vaseline instead since it seals in the moisture perfectly as well.
Well-Groomed Hands With Trim Cuticle Nippers
In case you are not a great cuticle pusher fan, then you can still stick to the cuticle trimming, and we will try to break the best way to do that to you.
Source: myfatpocket via Youtube
- Remove the nail polish in the first place.
- Apply cuticle oil to soften the cuticles.
- Use the orange stick or any other cuticle pusher to puck the cuticles back, gently.
- Use the cuticle scissors to remove all the excess dead skin near the nail plate.
- Cut the loose skin only.
- Rinse your hands off.
- Apply cuticle oil and gently massage it in.
Remembre About Moisturize
Like any other skin, your cuticle needs proper moisturizing. In most case, the procedure is pretty simple at the core and can be easily done in the safety of your own house. All you need to do is to apply some lotion or hand cream to the cuticle area every time you are moisturizing your hands. Or, you can head to a salon for a special waxing procedure. Of course, this may be too costly to afford on a regular basis that is why home procedures are more preferred by many people. The essential point is not to forget to moisturize your cuticles since cuticles is important for the health and safety of your nails in general.
Source: lcnrussia via Instagram
Summary – How To Take Care Of Your Cuticles
We have discussed all the tips and tricks you better keep in mind when it comes to your cuticles, so let’s now revised to make sure nothing is left out.
Source: lcnrussia via Instagram
- Do not cut the cuticles off on your own to avoid the infection.
- Do not use metal sticks to push the cuticles back.
- The orange stick is your best friend.
- Never leave out the moisturizing process.
- Treat your nails and cuticles gently.
- Do not let your cuticles get dry to avoid cracks and tears.
- Bite neither your nails nor cuticles.
- Treat your hands properly on a regular basis.
- That is it!
Time doesn’t stay still, come back for a fresh update any time you decide that you have tried it all!
Main photo by Lcnrussia